UK TIER 2 VISA
UK TIER 2 Skilled Worker Visa
Tier 2 General Visa: For workers who have a job offer in the UK and whose profession appears on the shortage occupation list. This has been replaced by the Skilled Worker visa.
Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa: For workers of corporations transferring to the UK
Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa: For ministers of religions within a religious organisation
Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: For coaches and sports persons
Benefits of TIER 2 VISA
- Study in the UK
- Bring family members to the UK
- Travel to and from the UK
The documentation required for the UK Tier 2 Visa includes:
- Having a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from an employer
- Salary and financial details
- Current passport and travel history
- Certifications proving your English skills
- Criminal record certificate
- Other supporting documents
You should receive a decision on your UK Skilled Worker Visa within 3 weeks if you apply from outside the UK. You can apply a maximum of 3 months prior to the date you are due to begin to work in the UK. The date will be specified on your Certificate of Sponsorship.
Skilled Worker Visa Cost
The application fee will depend on how many years you plan to work in the UK, and whether your job is on the skill shortage list.
- Application Fees for stay up to 3 years – £610 per person
- Application Fees for stay more than 3 years – £1,220 per person
- Application Fees if your job is in the Shortage Occupation List for stay up to 3 years – £464 per person
- Application Fees if your job is in the Shortage Occupation List and you wish to stay for more than three years – £928 per person
- UK NARIC Fees 49.50 pounds
Apart from the application fees you will have to pay a health surcharge of £624 per year [for each year of your stay]. To be refunded in case your application is rejected.
Additionally, the applicant must have a minimum of £1,270 in their bank account to demonstrate that they can support themselves financially in the UK
IELTS REQUIRED OR NOT:
IELTS is not mandatory. The English language requirements for the visa have to be meet by either IELTS for UKVI (General) with a minimum score of 4 bands in all the four modules or UK NARIC report for the Bachelor’s or Master’s qualification.
Duration of the Visa
The visa can be applied for either 3 years or more than 3 years (up to a maximum of 5 years).
After 5 years they can apply for FLR and after another 2 years apply for ILR